Operations Assistant | Greater Los Angeles
The Children’s Partnership (TCP) is seeking an enthusiastic, well-organized self-starter to serve as Operations Assistant. Working with staff at all levels of the organization, the Operations Assistant is an important voice for TCP, often serving as the first point-of-contact for external parties, and we value the energy, warmth, and coordination skills the Operations Assistant should possess. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys wearing several hats to gain knowledge and experience in the nonprofit, children’s, and policy arenas.
- Provide office support, including reception, mail & package distribution, and office supplies maintenance.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including assisting with the preparation of letters, memos, internal reports, and other tasks that facilitate TCP’s effectiveness.
- Maintain stakeholder database.
- Coordinate Webinars.
- Assist with the production of events and meetings.
- Record revenues & expenses in financial software.
- Prepare expense reports & invoices for payment.
- Perform credit card and other reconciliations.
- Maintain organizational lists, calendars, and files.
- Schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Prepare meeting materials.
- Coordinate staff travel arrangements.
- Maintain publications inventory.
- Participate in internal team & staff meetings.
- Provide other assistance, as needed.
Full-time (40 Hrs/Wk). Available Immediately. Reports to Associate Director, Operations.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health, retirement, and other benefits.
- Familiarity with general office procedures
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office, accounting software, and Macintosh OS
- Proven success performing data entry activities and reporting in an accurate and timely way
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high level of attention to detail
- Commitment to high-quality, thorough work and consistent follow-through
- Strong, effective communication skills–oral & written
- Exceptional time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of individuals at all levels
- Sensitivity to and experience handling matters of a highly confidential and critical nature
- Working knowledge of accounting rules/procedures
- High standards of professionalism, customer service, efficiency, operational excellence, and independent judgment and discretion
- Proficiency in proofreading and grammar
- Excellent phone etiquette
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two years relevant experience
- Commitment to and experience with nonprofits
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business, or related field or equivalent combined education/ experience; Bachelor’s, a plus
Email resume, cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications, and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Operations Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls.
ABOUT THE CHILDREN’S PARTNERSHIP
Based in California and Washington, DC, The Children’s Partnership improves the lives of underserved children where they live, learn, and play with breakthrough solutions at the intersection of research, policy, and community engagement.