Executive Assistant | Greater Los Angeles
The Children’s Partnership (TCP) is seeking a highly motivated, well-organized, and professional self-starter to serve as Executive Assistant. While working with staff at all levels to develop and maintain a strong programmatic infrastructure and production process, the Executive Assistant serves as a right-hand person to the President and provides support to the planning and execution of TCP’s mission. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys wearing several hats to gain knowledge and experience in the children’s and policy arenas. She or he will support the day-to-day functions of the President and work with a number of individuals across program areas and organization functions to help advance cutting-edge advocacy on behalf of America’s children.
- Work closely and effectively with the President to keep her well informed of upcoming communications, scheduling, travel and administrative duties, following up appropriately
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal & external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President
- Act as liaison for President with staff, maintaining good working relationships with staff and exercising good judgment and discretion
- Conduct research and collect information to prepare the President for meetings, speaking engagements, grant proposals, and projects
- Attend select meetings and record, type, and distribute minutes on behalf of the President
- Serve as Board and Committee Liaison with high-level administrative tasks, including meeting logistics, scheduling, & reporting; maintaining board records & correspondence; and ensuring follow-up on all open issues
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Provide basic policy & program research assistance
- Develop first drafts of written materials, such as briefs, fact sheets, and letters
- Provide writing & editorial support for program documents & correspondence, including letters to the Legislature, Governor, & other decision-makers
- Assist with the production of events and meetings
- Schedule meetings and conference calls
- Prepare meeting materials
- Participate in internal team & staff meetings
- Provide backup coverage for the front desk and provide other assistance, as needed
Full-time (40 Hrs/Wk). Available Immediately. Reports to President.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience. Excellent Health, Retirement, and Other Benefits.
- Commitment to high-quality, thorough work and consistent follow-through
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations
- Strong, effective communication skills–oral & written
- Exceptional time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of individuals at all levels
- Sensitivity to and experience handling matters of a highly confidential and critical nature
- High standards of professionalism, customer service, efficiency, operational excellence, and independent judgment and discretion
- Excellent phone and email etiquette
- Familiarity with general office procedures
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office & Mac OS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of two years relevant experience; Executive assistance or policy experience, a plus
- Commitment to and experience with nonprofits
- Bilingual preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
Email resume, cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications, and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. State “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls.
ABOUT THE CHILDREN’S PARTNERSHIP
Based in California and Washington, DC, The Children’s Partnership improves the lives of underserved children where they live, learn, and play with breakthrough solutions at the intersection of research, policy, and community engagement.