School2Home: Parents’ Manual
School2Home is a program designed to help close the the Digital Divide and the Achievement Gap by integrating the use of technology into teaching and learning at low-performing middle schools throughout California. It is sponsored by the California Emerging Technology Fund and The Children’s Partnership.
The Parents’ Manual to School2Home will help parents
- Know the goals and components of School2Home.
- Learn effective communication strategies to build relationships with and access information from school staff.
- Acquire basic computer literacy skills in word processing, accessing the World Wide Web and using email.
- Understand the importance of computer literacy for successfully completing homework, passing classes and preparing for college.
- Know how to access child and school academic status information online, if available.
- Learn how to ensure online safety.
- Know how to access technical support, order a high-speed Internet line and set up an email account.