DEFENDING OUR GAINS IN KIDS COVERAGE: The stakes are higher than they’ve ever been. The Senate is excepted to vote on their latest proposal to repeal The Affordable Care Act (ACA) tonight. Moving the Senate’s “skinny bill” forward is just another step towards taking away coverage from millions of children and families.
Join us and our partners in protecting the historical gains we’ve made in children’s coverage. Thanks to ACA, Medicaid expansion, and CHIP – today 97% of children in California have coverage. There is a real threat on children’s coverage. We must come together, #StayLoud and urge our Members of Congress to #KeepKidsCovered.
RESOURCES: Visit our Resources page for factsheets and other resources that highlight the impact of ACA repeal on children’s coverage in California.
SOCIAL MEDIA TOOL KIT:
- Sample Tweets include:
- #SkinnyRepeal is just a way to get to #Medicaid cuts, and reverses a promise to protect our most vulnerable.
- #SkinnyRepeal = new bill but same old story, & will still lead to premium hikes & 16M losing coverage.
- Nearly 2.5 million children live in poverty. #Medicaid serves our most vulnerable. #SaveMedicaid #KeepKidsCovered #DontCapMyCare
- Tweet at your Senators and share personal stories on value and impact of health coverage.
- Use the hashtags #KeepKidsCovered, #Fight4OurHealth, #SaveMedicaid, #ProtectOurCare, #SaveACA .
- Handles for all U.S. Senators are here.
- Use the graphics below to tweet at your Representative and urge them to #ProtectOurCare and #KeepKidsCovered
The Children’s Partnership has been partnering with education and community partners to host a series of community forums to connect with families and respond to questions and concerns about their child’s health care, including questions related to immigration. Since January, The Children’s Partnership and partners have held over 25 Let’s Talk community forums and have talked with over 900 families!
Check out our pictures below of our events throughout the State:
SHARE YOUR STORY – Tell us how ACA, Medicaid, and CHIP is working for you and your family.
Receive the latest updates on our work and to stay informed on upcoming events and opportunities to engage.